Thursday, July 14, 2011

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you
(Woo, woo, woo)
What's that you say, Mrs. Robinson Joltin'
Joe has left and gone away
(Hey, hey, hey...hey, hey, hey)

No, I'm no Joe DiMaggio (those who have seen me play baseball know first hand as I am more accurate kicking a ball then most folks are at throwing one-just one of those skills I never worked hard at developing I guess) but some have asked where my blog has gone.  It hasn't gone away, just on hiatus.  Since coming up lame 1.5 months ago I have been diligently working to get back and if I am being honest...it's taking longer then it's ever taken before.  This is not my idea of fun as running is something I LOVE to do and since I've been wrestling with this injury it's been tough to sit and write about.  All-in-all the symptoms are much better, but while running things are not 100% right, just enough so to keep my holding back a bit.  The big hurdle coming up is "time".  I am getting very close to the point where if I'm unable to get mileage back up I'll need to begin re-assessing my race plans for the fall.  I just won't be able to get the proper training  and mileage under my belt to compete safely.  So the next 1-2 weeks are going to tell a lot.  During that time, I will be out there working to log some long slow miles to see if after all this rest the ship can right itself.  

We shall see.




No comments:

Post a Comment